Any kind of pain can disturb your daily routine and needs timely attention. A neck pain can be sudden or can happen due to several underlying factors. What becomes important after a persistent neck pain is the right medication and if prescribed by the physician the right brace to support your neck.
Symptoms of Neck Pain
- Numbness, tenderness, tingling, sharp shooting pain, fullness, difficulty swallowing, pulsations, dizziness, stiffness in the neck, and swelling.
- Shoulder pain, facial pain, headache, and arm numbness can also be because of neck pain.
- Depending on the condition, a back pain both upper and lower can also be associated with neck pain.
Causes of Neck Pain
- No pain comes announced and there can be several reasons for pain in the neck.
- Over a period of time a poor posture, working at desk without changing position, sleeping with your neck in a bad position or jerking the neck during an exercise can cause muscle tension and strain.
- Holding the phone between your neck and shoulder for long and cradling it causes neck pain.
- Neck is one of the most moveable bones of the human body and is also prone to sudden jerks and vulnerable to injury especially during a car accident, a fall, or a sports injury. When the neck experiences a dislocation or fracture and the cervical disks located in the upper torso are not able to absorb the shock the spinal cord may also get affected during the injury.
- Neck injury that is caused when there is an accident and the neck receives a sudden jerk it is called “whiplash”.
- Arthritis is a condition which causes pain and swelling of the joints and bone spurs. When the arthritis condition affects the neck area it causes pain in the neck.
How to Take Care of Neck Pain
|Cervical Collar (SOFT)|
How to Take Care of Neck Pain
- If you feel that the pain is only a minor stiffness you can start a home treatment with applying ice on the neck followed by heat either with a heating pad, hot compress, or hot showers.
- Exercising mildly, getting a gentle neck massage, and taking an over the counter medicine like the ibuprofen can help you relief of your neck pain if it is mild in nature.
- If symptoms persist for more than a week, you should see the doctor.
- If there is numbness, headache, fever, pain that goes down to your arms or legs, trouble in swallowing or breathing; such symptoms should not be ignored and the doctor needs to be visited immediately.
- An accident where the neck hurts needs immediate medical care.
|Cervical Collar (HARD)|
Depending upon the nature of neck injury, your doctor will prescribe you the right treatment.
- Neck collars or braces are usually advised by the doctors to provide relief to the neck other than the exercises and if the injury is of a serious nature than a spinal surgery too can be recommended.
How useful are the Neck Braces?
- A neck brace immobilizes the neck and will keep the head relatively still while your injury is being healed.
- A neck brace helps your neck to bear the weight of your head while the injured area and the soft tissues can be healed.
- You can even wear a neck brace while driving as a precautionary measure to protect your neck from sudden jerks and injury.
- After a neck surgery, a neck brace is required to support the neck to keep the neck bones in line.
- A physician will guide you to use the right brace and in the right position to help you accelerate the process of healing the injury.
|Cervical Collar (Contoured)|
How to Choose the Correct Neck Brace
- The neck brace should be snug to fit your neck correctly without keeping it too tight.
- It should be very comfortable to wear and only the padded area should touch your skin as the neck brace holds your head comfortably.
- GPC Medical Limited offers one of the best quality neck braces available in the market.
- They are easy to wear and brings relief to the patient and cause no skin irritation.
Different Types of Cervical Neck Braces, Supports, Cervical Collars & Pillows
Knowing More About Your Cervical Pain and the Use of Cervical Traction Kit
Cervical Traction Kit for Sleeping & Sitting Position
Types of Traction Kits - Pelvic Traction Kit | Ankle Traction Kit | Skin Traction Kit
Orthopedic Rehabilitation Products to make Your Life Easier