|Orthopedic Back Rest|
Back ache as mentioned above is omnipresent, it can happen with the slightest of wrong movement but certainly a few tips can help you avoid a back ache.
- Maintaining a good posture is important right from your adulthood. Avoid slouching, or watching TV or reading with incorrect positions. Keep your back straight and give it the right support it needs.
- A rule we all know but tend to forget is, maintaining your weight. Obesity is the mother of many ailments and back ache is one of them. People with weight on the higher side tend to be more susceptible to back aches as the pressure on the back bone is much more.
- Back Exercises under the right supervision like some form of consistent stretching and yogic postures can be helpful to avoid back aches if done on a regular basis.
- What we eat directly affects our body system. Eating food rich in calcium and vitamin b and d gives food to the bones and keeps them healthy and strong.
- Psychological factors such as the on-the-job stress and dysfunctional family relationships actually may correlate closely with back pain than structural abnormalities. So, try and keep a positive atmosphere all around you.
- Wearing back braces that support your back and keeps the spine stiff will help you take care of your back and can avoid major problems in the spine.
- Back braces are of different kinds, you must wear the one that suits your physical condition.
When is Warning Sign to Visit the Doctor without Delay?
- When a severe back pain that disturbs even your sleep and is accompanied by fever and unexplained weight loss, a visit to the doctor is a must.
- If the back ache is accompanied by bowel and/or bladder incontinence meaning the patient loses control of his or her bowel movements and has progressive weakness in the legs, it is time to see the doctor.
- If a back pain occurs after an accident or a trauma it may indicate a bone fracture or other injury.
- Patients who have osteoporosis are at a high risk of spinal fracture so must see the doctor if they have severe back ache.
- Individuals who have a history of cancer should visit a doctor without delay if they feel severe pain in the back to rule out metastatic disease of the spine.
Lower Back Braces - There are two types of lower back braces to support the lower spine. One is the Trochanteric back brace and the other is the lumbosacral belt wraps. The Trochanteric back brace is used in problems like a fracture to support and immobilize the pelvic area of the back and it buckles in the front. The lumbosacral belt prevents motion by putting pressure between the hip bone and the sacrum. Both are meant to support the lower back.
|Back Support Braces|
Corset Back Brace - The corset back brace lace up on the front, back or side that run up on the shoulder straps and long ties. They provide a bit more flexibility as compared to rigid braces having metal pieces that run along the back of the corset. These braces provide both rigidity and support. A short corset brace comes in handy to support the lower back and a long corset brace helps to support the upper back as well.
There are also Hyperextension braces, elastic braces and rigid braces. Each brace has a specific role to help the patient overcome the problem of back pain or a back injury.